Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Going, going... gone

If time passes enough, and if we learn to put the right things in our mind we are in control of ourselves more that we know. I recently began to do a bit of meditation and it has helped me quite a bit, I am freer in the mind, there is more clarity and I can make decisions on the snap. I use a simple technique of counting my breath, which is merely a mind clearing exercise. It works. I like it.
So many of our thoughts are irrelevant. Yet they intercede us and shape us into becoming different and affect our attitudes. We are such slaves of our mind and we do not realize it, we blame the world for its horrors yes there are many, but needn’t let it compromise us. I now know that meditation gives us that choice. I read this book that said, monks live to meditate better, but we meditate to live better.
I found that so interesting, because if we look at anything that people are experts at and people who do the same activities for pleasure, we see that most of those activities, anything from basketball to martial arts, they are all therapeutic in some way.

No comments: